Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Potholes...and a lawyered country..

A couple more pictures of the impressive Blyde River Canyon-





I mostly stayed in B&Bs while in SA and they were almost uniformly excellent- clean, comfortable, modern, spacious, charming and of very good value (usually around $70 including a full breakfast).  I tended to gravitate to inconspicuous earth- toned type places-



On my last day in South Africa, on the advice of one of the women I met in Kruger, I went to Bourke's Potholes in the Blyde River Canyon.  Why someone would want potholes as his slice of immortality, I am not sure, but evidently Mr. Bourke did.

  The formations from the river were quite interesting and unique-





The potholes resembled some of my teeth cavities-




Interestingly, in SA, in any national or provincial park or reserve, or even in any hotel room for that matter, you always saw these prominent disclaimers-



The place is a lawyer's dream.  Ok, one more summary post for my African adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment