Monday, March 5, 2018

A dinner walk, a room with a view and becoming a day laborer

Leaving Cape Agulhas at the very bottom of Africa, i headed up to Mossel Bay, the start of the famous- for SA- Garden Route which runs along the southern coast of SA east of Cape Town for about 300 miles.  I stayed in a BnB in Mossel Bay owned by a German couple who left Berlin for the sunnier clime of SA.

 I asked the owner for a dinner recommendation and- being German- she recommended I take this nice hiking trail along the ocean down the restaurant on the sea shore.  The walk was a pleasant surprise and perhaps the best sunset walk to dinner I have had-






The next day I proceeded to the beautiful seaside town of Kynsna, which I never did learn to pronounce.  I stayed at a bnb with a view-


Hard to believe you can get that view from your room, with a full breakfast, for $70/night.  Breakfast view-


In SA, you often see small pick up trucks on the road with a bunch of laborers in the back.  Did a hike thru a forest to the ocean a little east of Kynsna, but it turned out to be a bit of a dud.  No great views of anything and was getting weary during the long hike back when these park maintenance guys came along and offered me a lift.  I jumped in the back and became a park maintenance guy for the afternoon.

  After helping to fix a few potholes- small price to pay for the ride- we arrived back at the parking lot where I discovered that my battery dead in my trusty 2 cylinder Renault (not updated to the latest technology to turn your lights off automatically).  After a while, the trusty maintenance guys again came to the rescue with some jumper cables and off I sped-


No comments:

Post a Comment