Saturday, March 17, 2018

Into the African bush...

I drove from Jo'berg (as we call it here) to Kruger NP  in the east of the country - which is about a 4 hour drive.  Unfortunately, I had to do some of it at night, which I do not recommend.  Between the trucks, animals, narrow roads, people walking and mixed group of drivers, it is an adventure all by itself.   And not one to settle nerves.

I spent my first day driving around some of this huge park looking, like everyone else, for animals.  You quickly learn that you see thousands of impalas everywhere-





And then you see lots of wildebeasts, which according to my guide on my walking safari are the stupidest of animals.  You can be the judge...





I also saw giraffes, which are such a striking creature as they are so tall, as well as some elephants, both alone and in small groups-




Actually, there is a huge amount of animals to be seen, even if the so called 'big five' remain somewhat elusive (hyenas)-




I did find it difficult to shoot the wildlife sometimes as it is not stationary.  At last I found something that moved at my photographic speed-


The next day I headed deep into the African bush to do my 3 day hiking safari, which only the fittest survive....

1 comment:

  1. Mind blown. Hyenas are cute. Had no idea. Lion King has unfairly biased me against the little dears.

    ReplyDelete