Monday, March 5, 2018

A great ocean walk and an evening in the lagoon...

Plettenberg Bay is about 7 hours east of CPT and is one of the premier beach resorts in SA.  In season (April- Sept)  it is probably the best place in the world to see different whales and dolphins and, of course, great white sharks.  It also holds one of the best ocean hikes (4hrs) on the globe, I think-






Thousands of the Roberg birds, whatever they are.  The pics do not capture it, but you could really feel the power and energy of the waves walking along this hike (SA has some really big waves for you surfer dudes).   Went swimming in the IO after the hot hike and got washed ashore by the big waves even tho I hardly went past my waist.

Never saw so many seals in my life.  If I was a great white shark, I would hang out in Plett (as I guess they do)-


Anyway, I came back to the friendly Kynsna lagoon (the only place besides Venice that I have heard of a lagoon) and had a pleasant sunset cruise aboard the trusty John Benn-






1 comment:

  1. If there had been seals and even the chance of great white sharks surveying the place there's no way I would've gone for a swim no matter how hot the hike had been.

    - Sam

    ReplyDelete