Saturday, March 25, 2017

End of Australian Odyssey

So this concludes my Australian odyssey, which had many highlights and a few not so high-

  • Like when I was staying in the dorm room in Uluru (had not booked a single room in time and booking at the 'Resort' was very tight) when I had nothing but young Chinese male roommates.  The first one never looked up from his phone the entire time and the second I found sleeping with a surgical mask on when I entered at 2:30 in the afternoon.  Great, I thought, I rooming with some guy who has typhoid fever or the bubonic plague... The guy did not wake up until 2 am when he suddenly got up and, naturally, began, playing with phone until he left at around 4:30am.  I figured he was determined never to get off of Beijing time or some such.
  • Or when I paid a lot of money for this dinner in the desert while at Uluru which had this allegedly great overview and presentation of the Southern Hemisphere night sky.  But that night was... completely overcast.  Saw nothing.  Whoever heard of an overcast sky in the desert?  What was up with that?

But overall a great trip.  A few final pictures showing the incredible diversity of Australia-

Western Australia coast-



Sydney-


Mt Kosciosko (highest mountain on the continent)-


Yarra Valley wine region-


12 Apostles along the GOR-



Tazzie-




Melbourne-


A small town in the Outback-



Uluru-




Crocs-



And Wombats, etc-



That's all folks.  Thanks for reading.  


No comments:

Post a Comment