Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Ok, been a little busy.  Drove from Te Anau to Mt. Cook and was glad for the day off from hiking.  Asked the hotel guy how far and he told me 7-8 hours.  Google said 5.  Well, with tastings at 5 wineries and lunch along the way, it took about 7.  My money is on Google.

Someone asked for pictures of sheep (not hard to find here where there are 40 million of them)

A lot of pretty rivers-

Visited 5 wineries, one where I ended up tasting with the owner in his living room (a little odd but I try and roll with the punches).  He drove up in a muddy tractor and I said ;A working man; and he responded ;Appearances can be deceiving; so I liked him right away.  Not enough to buy something but still....

And I could not resist another trip to Mt Difficulty which Sam, Craze and I visited 5 years ago.  Then there was no one else there but us.  This time it was mobbed.  Another place we put on the map, though it is possible that they were busy because served lunch and it was lunch time...

Another winery had a truly stunning and buccoli setting-

It was in the middle of an industrial area in town.


1 comment: