Thursday, March 10, 2016

Of course, I spend much of my time just finding and choosing hotels.  Usually I do ok, but not all of my choices work out.  In Wellington, I selected this hotel with this interior decor-

 I was assigned to cell block # 31.

Wellington has a famous botanical park-



And its own version of Notre Dame, circa 1950-


From Wellington, I drove 6 hours north to the Maori focused city of Rotorua which has famous mineral springs and geysers and sulphuric waters ala Yellowstone.  To ease my aching knees from my hiking exertions, I partook of *the waters* as they used to say.  It was actually somewhat beneficial and quite pleasing.  

Of course, being an aficianado of all things Polynesian and Maori culture in particular, I decided to strike in the wilds of Rotorua-- a sizeable city- and see what I might discover.  Whereupon  I encountered a Maori war canoe-

After a fierce fight, I battled them to a draw and we entered into peace negotiations (pay no attention to the seniors with cameras at the top of the photos).  In any case, the Maori agreed to a peace dance and I agreed to pay a little money--


No comments:

Post a Comment