Friday, March 11, 2016

Have seen quite a few Kiwi police cars during my touring, but fortunately not when I was speeding... But this was the view I liked the best-


After escaping from the girls drill camp just north of Auckland, I headed for the Bay of Islands which is about 2/3rds of the way up the northern peninsula or Northlands area.  The Bay of Islands has over 100 islands in the Bay and is a very popular beach/resort area, as the water is quite warm (swam yesterday in So. Pacific) and the Bay beautiful.  I decided to take a ,swim/view with the dolphins, cruise of the Bay, which would allow one to swim the dolphins if there were no baby dolphins with the pod, etc.  It cost about $80, though as far as I could tell, the dolphins got charged nothing for swimming with Ken.  Well, we did see the dolphins up close, including a baby, which was fun-




We couldnt swim with them because of the baby, but I think that was the dolphins loss as much as mine, but the tour of the Bay was wotth the tarriff  alone-







There also appeared to be a meeting of the Harley Davidson club of NZ in Pahia that day.  They looked a lot like their American brethren, at least circa 1990 (ponytails, a little chunky)- none were seen swimming with dolphins and few appeared to be hikers, though many looked like they hadnt seen a shower for a while.


1 comment:

  1. Those are some very beautiful pictures, especially of the rocks! In one, I was wondering if you saw the Top Gear guys?

    ReplyDelete