Saturday, March 12, 2016

I left the charming Dagarville hotel and headed for Auckland and a small habor volcan hike this morning.  It is difficult to drive through the NZ countryside for long without snapping a photo or two, much to the chagrin of motorists behind me-


Like many cities, Auckland is a pain to drive in and worse to park, but it is very pretty-


I took the ferry to Rongotito Island- where do they get these names- and did the short, 800 ft hike to the top.  Great views of the harbor in all directions on a warm day.




Tomorrow is my last day and am doing something different....I had planned to rent a bike and take the ferry in Auckland harbor to Waikeke Island and tour some of their nice vinyards, but then I found out they also rented... motor scooters!   I agonized over how I could justify dispensing with the physcial exertion (hiking/biking) that forms so much of my trip, but then I thought- screw it!- I am taking the motor scooter and rolling through the vineyards in style...

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm sure there was tons of agonizing! I just hope you set a good scooter example...for Sam's sake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you're welcome on the idea btw...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you're welcome on the idea btw...

    ReplyDelete