Saturday, February 7, 2015

There are 2 premier hikes in Los Glacieros Parque (that is Glacier Park to those not fluent in Spanish)- I mistakenly tried to do both in one day today.. but that is for the next blog entry (taking wrong turns being one of the reasons I am in demand to lead hiking tours by my friends and family).  If you like to hike, you can a lot of it if I am leading the party, though not all of it intended.

Yesterday hiked up to Lagune Torre where there is a beautiful glacial lake and where you can hopeflly see the famous spires of Cerro Torre.  Or is it Torre Cerro?  The whole spanish thing eludes me...  Anyway the towers are notoriosly shy and often hidden in clouds or weather of their own making. (as Craze knows).  Why, exactly, some mountains get to make their own weather while others do not, beats me, but then meteorology was never my strenght even when I worked for a weather company.

So I did see the 3 spires of Cerro Torre, but only in the mist and so the pics are not so good.

1 comment:

  1. I can see what you mean with the Lake Louise meets Nevada comment. Definitely incongruous to me.

    The refugio seems to be sadly lacking.

    ReplyDelete