Saturday, February 7, 2015

The wifi here is terrible.... extremely slow, so it is quite difficult to post or add pictures.  I have tried for over an hour to load one photo.  I think it is only capable of having one guest per hour at the hotel.  so that is why not many posts or any photos.

Anyway it is odd hiking here because of the weather.  They say 4 seasons in a one day and there is truth to that.  Yesterday I had warm sun, flying rain and then some snow flurries.  Of course you are suppose to layer, but I found that I feel like a costume actor in a 5 act play where I am constantly changing my clothes- jacket on, jacket off, fleece on, fleeece off, vest on, vest off.

But there is one constant.... the wind.  It seems to vary from Patagonia mild (raging), moderate (gale force) and heavy (hurricane force) all within a few minutes.  I almost got blown off this ridge I was hiking- it was one of the few times in my life I wished I weighed more.  I had read about it, but to experience it is something.

Anyway, below is my hotel/cabin.  I paid extra for the skylight.  You can see the wifi antenna is a little skewed.   Also you can see that Uncle Andy has been before as the door has his name on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment