Sunday, February 27, 2022

Turtles, flamingos, and tortoises

 It wouldn't be the Galapagos without sea turtles and tortoises.  We saw sea turtles while snorkeling, again within an arm's length.   A Go Pro camera, as some in my party had, would have yielded some fantastic pictures, but I only photo'd the one on land that was supposed to be in the water at that time of day (she was misninformed evidently which I can sympathize with as it has happened to me on occasion-




Tortoises seem to take a while to get anywhere and not sure they could beat a hare no matter how many times the hare stopped to goof off-







I always wanted one of those pink flamingos on my lawn, but Diane would strangely never permit.  But seeing the real thing in person was a treat even if not on a lawn where they belong-






Some of the views in the Gs are great.  It is such a unique place-




No comments:

Post a Comment