Thursday, February 22, 2024

Volcanos; Flamingos, Vacunas, Lamas, and Bobbing About

One of my (regrettably many) bad habits is a tendency to forget and misplace things.  This can be a real problem when traveling as forgotten stuff turns into lost stuff.  So far I have lost my phone charger, plug adapter, money (small amount), belt, medicine and hat and nearly lost my phone, jacket, money belt, and various other items.  If I traveled long enough I would be lucky to return with the clothes on my back, though even those might be in question given that I lost my belt while wearing it (airport security).  Here is what one looks like if one loses ones hat in the desert-



San Pedro de Atacama is an amazing setting with quite a bit on offer.  Really a myriad of different scenes, activities, animals and tours.  For these reasons, it is quite popular with Europeans and South Americans, though seemingly much less so with Americans despite dollars and English being widely used.  

 You can see salt flats and flammingos--







Beautiful fresh water lakes set up against enormous mountains and volcanos (up to 20,000'+/-) often with vacunas (small lamas) or (regular sized) lamas in the foreground_-







And you can bob about in salt lakes similar to the Dead Sea where you can't sink--




You can also see the worlds highest geysers (4300 meters above sea level)-





And see almost all of the above in one place--


















No comments:

Post a Comment