Friday, July 19, 2024

Zhanbeshi to Adeshi to Ipari

 I am doing a 4 day roughly 50 mile trek (you have to add on 10-20% for the usual getting lost, however - kind of like tipping the amount varies by th hike) through the high Georgia Caucasuses. It started in Mestia and overnight stays in the villages of Zhabeshi, Adeshi, and Imari- all household names in the trekking community. . It ends in Ushgauli and then you return to Mestia by shared 4x4.  I can’t remember or pronounce any of these places and I am staying in all  

The hike to Adeshi started with trail blocked by a fierce wild beast-


No direct eye contact was made  

Overcast with some rain which made the trail mostly a slippery muddy mess but still offered some great vistas-






I did walk by this interesting outdoor cafe with a roof of local ingredients-



My lodgings in Adeshi wouldn’t remind anyone of the Ritz-



 But beer and a nice view-







No comments:

Post a Comment