Sunday, March 8, 2015

The next day after the El Cani hike dawned cool and overcast, weather I am by now quite accustomed to.  So I decided to go to these thermal springs which Pucon is evidently somewhat famous for.  The best springs were about 2 hours away and so off I went with a local agency providing the transport.

The place was quite large, like some sort of grand Swedish natural sauna.  They had these different pools which ranged in termperature from luke warm to extremely hot.


The hottest pool was 45 degrees Celcius.  I do not know what that is in Farenheit, but it was danm hot in Celcius.  Of course, after while you got so hot, that you went underneath this waterfall which was 9 degrees C.  I do not know what that is in Farenheit, but it was damn cold in Centigrade.  

So you spent the whole afternoon either too hot or too cold, depending on where you were in the cycle.  Not sure of the purpose of the whole thing, but it was somewhat pleasant nevertheless.  


Met a few Europeans while I was there.  The interesting thing about them is that when you ask them how long they are in South America, they always give the answer in months, with 4 being about the fewest I have heard.  When you ask the typical North Americans, the answer is always given in weeks or even days.  I almost feel embarrased when I tell the Euros I am only here for 5 weeks- just a long weekend for them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment